- Charge less to the poor. Charge more to the wealthy.
- Create wealth not to sustain yourself but to sustain the households of your employees.
On Roles of life
- Respect everyone's role in life. If the cook doesn't cook, you'll die of hunger. If the cleaners wont clean, you'll die of pungent smell.
- You yourself have multiple roles to play. Play each one according to the need of others. Be a child with a child. Be a husband to a wife. But be a friend to a foe.
- Friendship is not about showing off your worldly possessions; friendship is about showing off your true self.
- Why fight with others? The only fight should be with yourself.
- Half truths will always haunt you. Truth is what will make you fearless.
On Meaning of Life
- Pray for everyone. If everyone does the same, the good wishes will come back to you.
- Everyone lives to die; those who live after death are the real men.
- The true path of life is always difficult to walk on, but far more satisfying. And satisfaction (of a good life, of a good deed) is the currency of the soul.
I tell him I'm surprised at his philosophical expertise, esp. since he cannot read or write. He says, "I'm because I experience. I cant read words, but I do read people every day and process them through my heart."
I ask whether I can blog (to him..write) about his words of wisdom. He says, "Pls. do spread my word around. The world doesn't need everyone to be good. Only a few good men will do."
Nothing less than a certain "Jewish" carpenter..right?!